• Supportive Discipline
• Increase Cooperation & Reduce Less Desirable Behavior
• Help Your Child Learn to Manage Emotions
• Help Your Child Make Good Decisions & Problem Solve
• Match Each Child’s Unique Needs/Personality With the Best Solution
• Reduce Parental Stress & Your Child’s Stress
An Effective Alternative to Time Out
While timeouts are considered quite effective, they don’t always provide the best solution. If your child struggles to sit still, compliance can be difficult. A challenging child may find it exciting to run parents ragged. Some children are extremely sensitive to timeout isolation. Some parents find it just as distressing. Any of these scenarios can increase frustration levels which in turn reduces the likelihood a timeout is applied correctly.
Support Your Child’s Ability to Regulate Emotions, Problem Solve & Make Good Decisions
Even if timeout works wonders in your household, an alternative tactic may offer a better fit in certain circumstances. What if timeout provided the necessary tools to help your child calm down? Traditional timeout proponents may disagree, but some believe a more effective “timeout” enables children to self-soothe and teach the life lesson of emotional management.