Susan Graham, CFLE
Certified Family Life Educator
B.A. Michigan State University
– Parent and Family Educator
– Career-to-School Student Services (Oakland Schools)
– Title 1 Parent Involvement Coordinator (Huron Valley Schools)
– Parent and Family Workshop Creator and Facilitator
– International Relationship Coach
– CFLE (Certified Family Life Educator)
– Author and Journalist (view articles)
ACHIEVE LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMMING AND COURSES:
Family Life Education Courses support families, individuals, youth, parents and the community. Programs and workshops are designed to promote self-confidence, personal awareness and control, emotional strength and balance, stress management and resilience, problem-solving skills, communication and relationship building and support, navigating change, overcoming adversity and trauma, family and community resource management and support, healthy and balanced living, goal setting, and much more.
Every single course provided by Achieve Life Balance has been meticulously designed over years of research and practical experience. I personally utilize and test the tools and techniques in multiple settings, including school classrooms working in groups and with individual children, group presentations and workshops, one-on-one court-required parental programs, focus groups, surveys, direct evaluations; I even practice these techniques daily at home! Workshops are based on reliable and verifiable techniques, yet modifiable to match each user’s unique situation, personality, goals and conditions.
Life coaching is the process of helping people identify and achieve personal goals. It is not counseling, mentoring or consulting. Life coaching works on the premise that individuals are capable of generating their own solutions. A trained coach is someone who simply guides them through the thought process helping each individual dismiss negative ideals and patterns while highlighting personal strengths. Coaching encourages action, accountability and follow-through.
Family Life Educators (CFLEs) are certified through the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR). Certification requires 4800 hours of supervised professional family-life casework, and certified knowledge in all 10 Family Life Content Applications:
- Families and Individuals in Societal Contexts
- Internal Dynamics of Families
- Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan
- Human Sexuality
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Family Resource Management
- Parent Education and Guidance
- Family Law and Public Policy
- Professional Ethics and Practice
- Family Life Education Methodology
ACHIEVE LIFE BALANCE, LLC:
Achieve Life Balance is not a one size fit all solution.The goal is to help you find not only your balance, but a balance to the world you navigate and those who share it with you.